Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Day and other thoughts

I know it is a little late, but I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.

Wow, it has been a long time since I have been to a hockey game. My family has had season tickets for over 20 years now, and I remember back in my 20's when I wouldn't even think of missing a home Islander game. Man, how times have changed.

Now in my 30's and two little girls at home, unfortunately attending games at the Coliseum becomes less of a priority. Don't get me wrong, I love the Islanders and still attend as many games as I can but it has become increasingly more difficult. Hopefully, I am raising my daughters in an Islanders household, where they will understand as they become older what a priviledge it is to have a local hockey team and beyond that, being able to attend the games.

As I sit here and watch the old classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, I realize yet again, I will not be attending the game tonight. I am hoping after probably 10 straight hours of Christmas movies I will be watching the game on television tonight.

On to the Islanders...

What is going on in the goal scoring category lately? The offense has become absolutely anemic. The Islanders are actually playing excellent defense...imagine if they actually start putting the biscuit in the net?

I have to say, I am impressed with the way the Rangers are playing. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty happy when they lose, but winning their past 10 of 12? That is pretty impressive. Too bad we have dominated them so far this season.

Goals for Andy....

I hate to come down on guys, but as I hope to bring you honest insights from me, I am making a request to Santa to bring Andy some goals. Yesterday, during the Bruins game he had two glorious opportunities to put the puck in the net, but once again, he came up short. And Howie and Billy were making comments how Andy has no luck. I gotta say guys, it has nothing to do with luck. He just can't finish.

And my case in point: Andy had another opportunity to put the puck in the wide open net last night, and he completely missed. I actually had my hands raised as I thought it was a sure goal. And I wasn't the only one frustrated about it last night. If you watched the post game interview with Ted Nolan he was clearly unhappy as well.

Sincerely,

Michael

No comments: