Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Open Letter to Bill Guerin


Dear Bill,

I was browsing the sports section of newsday.com this morning before the start of my school day and I had the pleasure of reading the article entitled
Guerin finds LI and Islanders a Good Fit.

As I have stated in my previous blog, An Open Letter to Garth Snow, we have brought in players who want to be part of this team and Long Island community. This article was the perfect example of that.

It was great to read how you have acclimated you and your family to life here on the island. Reading the quote of you stating how Long Island and the various shops and restaurants located here in many of our towns, are the "perfect fit" gave us a peek into the person you really are. You have come to Long Island with open arms and the fans have really appreciated your honesty and integrity from day one.

I am also glad you recognize how much passion long islanders have for this hockey team. We are truly dedicated to supporting the team and gaining back the respectability that we as fans and you as a team deserve.

I have to admit, after you had gone a few games without putting the puck in the net I started to wonder if your game was starting to slip a bit. Fortunately, I was completely wrong. Your effort and play on the ice has been tremendous of late and you are doing what all of us expected of you as the leader of the Islanders; lead by example on the rink and as evident in this article, lead off it as well.

Thank you for embracing the New York Islanders organization and Long Island Community.

Sincerely,

Michael

No comments: