Sunday, October 14, 2007

Random Thoughts So Far....

(Note: I know this post is old, but I thought I had posted it previously.....sorry)

Well, it is only a few games into the season but I wanted to just post some of my thoughts at this point.

Where Is the Red Light?

The Islanders are just not putting enough pucks in the net. Over the past three games they have scored 3 goals collectively, for an average of a whopping one goal per game. I really liked the line of Wasicek, Satan, and Bergenheim last night and I hope Ted keeps them together to see if they can click. We need to start getting some production.

Waiting for Andy

Nobody seems to work harder out on the ice than Andy Hilbert. He skates hard, digs deep in the corners, and gives it his all. But the guy just cannot score. He is constantly put in position to bury the biscuit but he just can't find the back of the net. I hate to come down on the guy, but he has to start scoring on some of his opportunities.

We can still thank Mike

Mike Milbury.....do you remember him? Well, we have to give him a word of thanks for acquiring Trent Hunter for a fourth round pick back in May of 2000. I can almost guarantee you that if Hunter goes into the corner for a puck he is going to come out with 95% of the time. You just can't knock the guy off the puck. He uses his huge frame so effectively to shield off defenders and always finds a way to get the puck to the net.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

Michael

No comments: